2018 AMERICAN RED CROSS LIFEGUARDING COURSE
(Registration form at bottom of page!)
$325 for members of Deal Casino or Conover Pavilion & $375 for non-members
The 2018 courses will be in HYBRID format, with a required online component to be completed prior to each class session. Session dates are:
SESSION 1: June 25th through June 29th, 8AM-Noon
SESSION 2: June 25th through June 29th, 4:30PM-8:30PM
SESSION 3: July 30th through August 3rd, 8AM-Noon
Please note, CLASSES FILL UP QUICKLY!
- Participants must be 15 years old by the last day of the session
- Participant candidates will be sent a link for the online course materials upon completing the registration form
- Participants will be certified by the American Red Cross for Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/ AED (valid for 2 years)
Participation at all course sessions in mandatory, as is passing a prerequisite skills exam at the first in-person class session. The prerequisite skills exam includes:
- Swim 300 yards continuously, demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. You may swim using the front crawl, breaststroke, or a combination of both, but swimming on the back or side is not allowed. Swim goggles may be used.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs. You should place your hands under your armpits.
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds:
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards. Your face may be in or out of the water. Swim goggles are not allowed.
- Surface dive, feet-first or head-first, to a depth of 7-10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object.
- Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on your back to return to the starting point with both hands holding the object while keeping your face at or near the surface so you are able to get a breath. You should not swim the distance under water. Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.
Participants should bring the following items to each course session:
- Print-outs of course completion status reports (to prove videos/tests were completed online)
- A towel
- Goggles (first day- only may be used for 300yd swim)
- A change of clothes
- A notebook and a pen/pencil
- Water bottle/sports drink and a snack
QUESTIONS: E-mail Amy Brenner at firstname.lastname@example.org